Statistics of tank «SU-26», U.S.S.R, SPG, Tier III
The self-propelled gun on the basis of the T-26 was developed in sieged Leningrad in the autumn of 1941. The production was deployed at the Kirov Lifting and Conveying Equipment Plant. About 12 chassis were equipped with 76.2-mm guns (presumably, 76.2-mm infantry support guns mod. 1927). The vehicles saw service in Red Army armored brigades that fought on the Leningrad Front until 1944.